Monday, October 19, 2009

A Pooh of a Pineapple

BF knows I love these things. When we were still doing the long distance thing (he up in the Bay Area and me still in the graduate program in San Diego), he sent me the full collection of these pooh key chain holders (animal themed - dolphin, horse, giraffe, dog, cow, cat, etc) one at a time through USPS. BF, always well-intentioned, put each into a regular sized envelop, slapped a stamp on it, tossed it into the mail and called it a day. Needless to say, the San Diego USPS branch that processes my mail did not take kindly to his presents jamming their machines. I got some pretty mean notes on each of the envelopes, but tried and true, I received each one unharmed.

I was reminded of this when we went to Fry's Friday in search of good deals for new mouses now that he's lugging his laptops around at his new job. As we exited, I glanced longingly at the vending machines that poop out these suckers, but didn't want to experience the disappointment of not getting the most prized pooh key chain of all - the pineapple pooh. And quite seriously, I have been eying this one since the first time I saw the machines and decidedly put my obsessive mind to own it.

So what does BF saunter in with after eating our Sunday brunch, hanging out with his parents, sister and nephew, and working a bit? Nothing less than the most coveted of all pooh key chains - my PINEAPPLE POOH! I couldn't believe how lucky he was to actually get it on the first try. THE FIRST TRY! SERIOUSLY! I guess he's just that good. I guess that also means I need to bake something really really ridiculously special as my thanks. But for now, here's my homage to pineapple pooh!

No comments:

Post a Comment