Wednesday, October 14, 2009

It Takes the Cake

Fruit be warned: you will not be eaten in this household. Why is that you ask since I'm an avid fruit-eater? Well, mainly because I get lazy with the whole fruit peeling and cutting and the BF just so happens to be lazier than I am at it. With that in mind, my good intentions in buying fruit from the grocery store usually means throwing money into the garbage can after about a week of sit-there-and-look-prettiness that doesn't really get my mojo going enough to actually consume said prettiness. Now here comes the good eats part: however lazy I am about cutting fruit and eating it, I will definitely bend over backwards to bake something with it. Conundrum? Yes. I like to call this my time in the Twilight Zone (it's best not to ask why). Anyways, long story short, I worked these bartlett pears into a random cobbler/crisp. The pears were way too soft and pretty much melted in the oven, but boy-o-boy did they taste good with the mashed-up granola bar topping I put on top. Random? Indeed.

Bartlett Pear Crisp with Granola

No comments:

Post a Comment