Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My horse is amazing ... it tastes just like raisins

First, go to this website and watch the video: www.getonmyhorse.com

Ok, so if you're like me, you'd be saying, "Huh?" and "What was the point of that?" But to BF, this video is the funniest thing - EVER. He hums it while he's at his desk. He hums it in the bathroom. He hums it in his sleep. Seriously. And even though I don't get it, it doesn't deter his enthusiasm to get me to like it the same way he does. But I think the only enthusiasm I ever found in it was the woman's mentioning that the horse tastes like raisins. Hmmm... raisins...

So now that I have raisins in my head, my lightning speed synapses fire and I come up with the wildest idea - oatmeal raisin cookies! I know, right, genius! But not just any ol' oatmeal raisin cookies. These babies come from the land of dreams, where hopes are fulfilled and everyone owns a labradoodle. I'm talking about the notorious Mrs. Ironman's Oatmeal Raisin Cookies! (insert dramatic music here). Now who is Mrs. Ironman you should ask? Well, I think the better question to ask is who isn't Mrs. Ironman? (er, just go with it). But to answer the question, the first one, not the second one, she's only just the mother of BF's younger sister's husband and famous baker of oatmeal cookies. Yup, you got that? Ok, let's roll then.

Apparently these cookies came around sometime last year and were the talk of the town. BF, who hates raisins (an all other dried fruits for that matter) absolutely went ga-ga over them. Wow, I say to myself since BF REALLY REALLY hates raisins and actually ate the cookies. That only meant that I had to get my hands on the recipe. But before I could actually make them, I was given a warning: red lights flashing and annoying beeping sounds kind of warning - they will not taste the same as the cookies Mrs. Ironman makes. BF's younger sister, who is an apt baker herself, has never been able to get her cookies to taste the same as Mrs. Ironman's even when following the recipe to the T... even when making them with Mrs. Ironman herself! I think to myself, challenge accepted!

But wait, you may be thinking, how would you know what they're supposed to taste like if you've never tasted the original? Well, you're right I would say. I have no idea what the originals taste like. But I do know a good oatmeal cookie when I taste one. What do you think?

Oh, sweet surrender

Yes, I am getting fancier with my photos *pats self on back*

Artistic, no?

Golden goodness

Oats and raisins - the dynamic duo

Cookies in the night, what were the chances?

No comments:

Post a Comment