Monday, October 26, 2009

Beef, it's what's for dinner for one

I actually went to work today. Surprising? Yes, of course considering I'm currently unemployed. The company mom-in-law is consulting for needed some organizational help with their annual Holiday Card mailing and I was just the OCD gal for the job. So I woke up at an ungodly 7:30am this morning and am crashing like no other right now... yes... it is only 9:30pm. But before I crash, I wanted to share with you the dinner I made for just me. BF is apparently working late tonight and isn't home, so even though I made a very scrumptious dinner, I ate it alone watching foodnetwork (I guess technically I cooked with the Neely's and Rachel Ray and ate with Alton Brown so I wasn't really alone).

Anyways, before I jetted off to work, I took some steaks out of the freezer and put them in the refrigerator to defrost. I prepped them with some spices and into the cast iron skillet they go. Because the meat is a bit heavy, I wanted to keep the cabbage really light and sauteed them in sesame oil and rice wine. So as I try to keep myself from a food coma in order to study for my Chinese quiz tomorrow, here's a picture of dinner for one.

Steak with sauteed cabbage

No comments:

Post a Comment