Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Red Headed Step-Child

BF's new boss, The Dude, (I had a debate with BF over the nicknames/code names I give to people. He decided on this one for his boss) requested snickerdoodles. Yup. The big man himself. So I wanted to do something a little out of the ordinary but still keeping with the theme, if I may call it that. I've been meaning to use up a package of instant Thai Tea mix in my tea cupboard for a while (which I actually don't like in drink form) and came up with the idea to roll the snickerdoodle cookies in this mix instead of the traditional cinnamon sugar mix (I still made regular snickerdoodles just in case these didn't turn out so great). I used Mrs. Sigg's Snickerdoodle recipe from AllRecipes.com and off I went to the land of non-traditional (which BF doesn't appreciate all the time, but humors me anyways).

Thai Tea Snickerdoodle

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons white sugar (replaced with Thai Tea mix)
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (replaced with Thai Tea mix)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Cream together butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, the eggs and the vanilla. Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt. Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls.

Mix the 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon. (Begin deviating here). Roll balls of dough in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set but not too hard. Remove immediately from baking sheets.


The Thai Tea Snickerdoodle came out with a bit of a red tint from the tea mix. Since it's not really a traditional snickerdoodle and it's a little red, I call it my red-headed step-child.

No comments:

Post a Comment